Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"Excuse me? What? Did you just say that you &%$#$% someone else?"

Ok, so...

My apologies for the time it has taken me to write this...however, I think that once you read this entry, you will all agree that the wait was more than worth it. This past weekend proved to be a challenge for me in more ways than one...the greatest of these? You are about to find out about. Seriously. You won't believe it.

Remember my salient pieces of advice? Those ones that I have been occasionally recording in the side bar? Well, let me tell you...you are about the get a few. Allow me introduce you to salient piece of advice #4. Stay the @#$% away from your co-workers. It never, EVER, pans out the way you hope that it will!  And it usually ends even worse than the situations with the people you just randomly happen to meet...because wait! OH YEAH! YOU HAVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN! At work! In meetings! In training! Walking down the street...and oh yes, you have to say hi...because if you don't, someone else will ask you why you didn't.

Salient piece of advice #5? IF you decide to hook up with someone you work with (and what did I say folks? That's right. DON'T), don't tell ANYONE you work with! NO ONE! Because someone always has a big ass mouth! Why is it that people feel the need to dig in your business! And you know what my favourite part is? It's always someone who "knows" you....but they don't really know you? You know what I mean? So they ask someone who does really know you what's going on so they can get the dirt because they know they can't ask you. Excuse me? Wait a second...if you don't know me well enough to ask yourself, why the hell are you asking at all? It isn't your business! It doesn't affect you! Piss off! If I wanted you to know, I would tell you!

Oh, but wait...I saved the best for last...Men, I direct this one at you. And I do this because a male said this to me, and perhaps I have better faith in the female half of the species (and truly, maybe I shouldn't?) but I like to think we would never say this to someone:

"I really like you! You're so different then a lot of girl that I have met, and that makes me think that I could really end up liking you? You know? But I just don't want a relationship right now. I don't have time. And yeah, we could be #&*% buddies, and that would be fun...but where you live? It's just so far away....and when you can get it right down the hall...well..."

"Excuse me? What? Did you just say that you &%$#$% someone else?"

Yes, yes he did. He $%^*%$ someone else...and then waited 4 days to tell me. 4 DAYS. And yeah, guess what I was doing those whole 4 days? Oh. You guessed it. Trying, like an idiot, to be attentive and sweet and do things like girls who are interested in you do for the guys they like. So gentleman...and really? Ladies too. Salient piece of advice #6? If you %&$# someone else, have the decency to tell the person you were &^%$#$& so they can stop treating you well, and instead, treat you like the asswipe you are.


Am I jaded by this? Meh. This is not the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and in reality? I'm expecting a lot of worse things to come my way...but this story? It really was too funny not to share. I take it with a grain of salt, and I think it was a learning experience - perhaps this is my way of saying that I hope some will cut me slack for being so candid about this. It's sort of healing...for me anyway. Ha.

My apologies for using caps,

 - Jenn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking for the male population who stumbled upon your blog, I really must say that you need to figure out what it is about your vagina that attracts the type of men that cause these problems. Perhaps its time to go for someone totally out of your style and to be pleasantly surprised by the result.

There are plenty of good men out there, yet all the guys who appeal to you cause problems and because of this you make it seem like were all evil. You are beautiful and amazing and we love you, just stop degrading us and grouping us together as monsters.

Sincerely,

Men.

Jenn said...

I completely agree "Men." That's kind of the point of admitting it isn't? I by no means believe that all men or "monsters," nor have I ever suggested anything to say so. This is simply a recollection of the things that have happened as of late. I suggest everything I experience as lesson, and honestly, if you had met the guy involved in this entry...you would never have though he was a monster. He isn't. We've managed to still be friends.

I apologize to you if you think that this is an effort at attacking the male population - it isn't. It is purely for entertainment sake than anything else :)

Sincerely,

- Jenn

Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog, and I must say this specific entry seems to be of very emotional importance to you.
Though I don't know you, by reading through all of this I came to the conclusion you shared a very important point here, not just for you but many others out there.
While we love to act and be independent, things like this will always cross our way. And regardless if male/female conflict or something else takes us by surprise, it is always important to go out of such situation with the idea of "having learned something new", just as you said!

How have your Salient pieces of advice have worked after this, and do you still work with this fellow?

Keep writing I really enjoy reading your blog!

Jenn said...

I'm sorry that I took so long to respond to this! I'd taken a slight hiatus....which turned out longer than I planned. We actually don't work together anymore, but he did try to make things happen with me a few times more before he actually pissed off. I've learned a lot in the last little bit and I'm back to writing, so you'll see what happens :)!