Friday, December 10, 2010

"Darn. Well, I hope I'm still on the market when you are interested, cause I am...;)"

Ok, so...

Think back to when you were in Grade 6, 7, or 8. Yes. I know. It was awhile ago (at least I hope it was, or you have found my blog by chance and are FAR to young to be reading the material I include in it). Anyway, as I find myself conducting my first practicum in a middle school where I work with kids in each of those years, I am astounded by the things kids do these days...and even more shocked by the things the Grade 6's do than anything else. For example:

Kid #1: Hey man! You're girlfriend is about to get up and play her composition. You better pay attention (He playfully ribs Kid #2).

Kid #2: I know man. She's so hot.

(Kid #1, Kid #2, and their two friends sit there nodding as they stare at her)

Kid #2: Hey! Stop staring at my women! She ain't never gonna go for you.

Kid #1: Please! I'm not after her - I get my pick. I'm all about keeping my bachelor status.

OR:

Kid: Hey Ms, how are you today?

Me: Oh Hi! I'm great how are you?

Kid: I'm good. I was just wondering, are you married?

Me: No. I'm not.

Kid: Do you want to be?

Me: Some day, not right now though.

Kid: Darn. Well, I hope I'm still on the market when you are interested, cause I am...;)


These kids are 11...not possibly more than 12 at the most. Are they serious?  That boy actually winked at me. When I was Grade 6  I definitely wasn't clever enough to do or say things like that! They spend half of their classes with me everyday whispering back and forth about who likes who and who's gonna kiss at lunch. In Grade 6, I was wearing Cookie Monster sweatshirts and matching 2-piece Adidas tracksuits with a ponytail frizzier than Mel B's fro during her Spice Girl days. These kids are wearing high-tops a la Justin Bieber and DC and Burton t-shirts. In fact, these kids are more stylish and put together than a lot of people my own age! They try harder and they aren't even teenagers yet! Most of them even have their hair coloured! Ridiculous.

There is no point to this entry - I just thought it was funny and mildly enjoyable.

Bringing a laugh,

 - Jenn

1 comment:

Marie said...

ahahahaha I am *still* laughing at the Mel B ponytail comment. Classic Jen C. :)