Saturday, December 04, 2010

"I have amazing friends. Wonderful, fantastic, unbelievable, indescribable friends."

Ok, so...

I know that my blog entries are essentially me, going to work bitching about whatever hilarious thing is going on in my life. Frequently, it's some situation involving the given gentleman of the moment and how he is royally pissing me off...Actually, it isn't ever really anything else is it? Sad eh? Well, I can happily say that I am switching gears because today is about something completely different! The GOOD, in the good, the bad, and the ugly that I claim to write about.

Last night, I went to an amazingly fun Christmas Party...a tradition that I sort of started last year (whoops), resulting in us looking forward to it for weeks before it occurred this year. Now, as wild as it was...and really, it was (take a look at the pictures, you'll see), it made me realize something. I have amazing friends. Wonderful, fantastic, unbelievable, indescribable friends. Believe me when I say that I am not someone who is immune to feeling lonely, and I often wish that I saw them more than I do, but when we get together...even if we've been apart for longer than we planned to be...we pick up right where we left off. It's like we were never apart at all. That is something you can't fake - that's real chemistry, and we have it.

I'm not sure that I thank my friends enough for being there for me when I really need them. I'm completely aware of the fact that I am not like the average girl - I've said this before - so I can't always be the easiest person to deal with - I really am so stupid sometimes (I mean really, just read what I've wrote about over the last little while. That's only 2 months worth. Eeps.) And while these friends may not all be there every single time, (I'm sure I'm not either) someone always is, and that is something that can only be repaid by doing the same. Paying it forward. Something I think I'm going to try and do that much more of from now on.

So, take a minute to thank your friends today for being just that - your friends. In my case, I think they deserve it because being my friend must make for some pretty tedious work sometimes;).

Spreading the love,

 - Jenn

4 comments:

kellym said...

Perhaps that ought to be saliant piece of advice number 8: Value your friends and let them know that you do.

Jenn said...

This is really, really true. Kelly, you are very smart! It's is becoming one ASAP!

Jenny said...

LOVE this post Jenn, it was such a great night. Your friends love and appreciate you just as much as you them!

Can't wait to do it again!

Jenn said...

Aw, I love you! Thanks Jenny :)