Monday, January 17, 2011

"C'mon. get your shit together. It's not that hard to decide on a bloody due date."

Ok, so...

I've come to notice something about myself recently that I don't really like. I fixate on things. And I mean, really fixate. I don't like not being "in the know." Once I know where something is going, it is easy for me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride, but until that point...I drive myself crazy trying to figure things out. I will come up with every single reason I can think of for why someone has or hasn't done anything to help ease my own sanity. A simple answer to a question that really had no intended depth to it at all when it was spoken (or texted? I feel that is a legitimate form to mention these days), has tons when it is said to me. I always manage to contrive some whole underlying "real" meaning when there truly was nothing there at all - I really need a good smack in the side of the head sometimes!!!

The last little spiel there was clearly related to relationships (when is something I write about not?), but this whole not being "in the know" thing has come into my life academically as well. For example, my professor for the class I had earlier this afternoon (our very first session none the less) is a very fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of gal. Not very organized, with a course outline that gives the bare minimum of information about expectations and assignments, even going as far as to exclude due dates for the most part. I find that annoying. In fact, I find that extremely annoying. I don't like when things aren't laid out. How the hell can you be expected to be successful when you can't organize yourself for the term because your courses aren't organized to reflect that? Seems a little counter-intuitive if you ask me? And that only becomes more complicated when it is layered in with courses that have very high expectations and a lot of requirements for you to meet. It's like the bitch-lazy courses are just asking to be forgotten underneath the slew of work you have for the perfect, chronologically stated, mammoth-sized courses that are competing with them. C'mon. get your shit together. It's not that hard to decide on a bloody due date. Sheesh.

Because maybe you want something other than relationship dribble,

- Jenn

No comments: