Sunday, January 23, 2011

"People are too quick to jump back into their skivvies after a role in the hay."

Ok, so...

A few evenings ago, while updating a friend on what has been going on most recently in my life, we of course (do I talk about anything else?) got onto the topic of relationships. While we were discussing labels for our current romantic status' and the many other things that we somehow seem to consistently deem as points of interest, I heard myself utter something where I specifically thought "I have to come back to that in my blog."


This statement was:

"I think it is important to spend a good deal of time naked. It's good for a relationship."


Friggin' rights I do. Now, get your heads up and out of the gutter! I know what you're thinking - "Uh, yeah! Who doesn't like sex?" - and yes folks, it's pretty damn awesome! That is definitely THE relationship perk that forms the main reason for why people get naked together, but there is so much more to it than that. It helps strengthen the intimate and emotional bond that you share with your significant other - it reinforces the comfort and trust you have in the other person. People are too quick to jump back into their skivvies after a role in the hay. Laze for awhile, talk about...well, politics? The weather? God forbid, maybe even your relationship. There is something far less threatening about discussing the down and dirty details of your affinity for each other when you're stark naked, stuffed in between fluffy pillows and a billowy duvet as opposed to sitting across from each other at the kitchen table with your shirt buttoned up to your neck (you rebel, you). It's easier to be honest in a setting that you link to fun and good times (wink, wink). At least, I friggin' hope that is what you link it too, or else, maybe whether or not you spend ENOUGH time naked is the least of your problems.

I suggest the addition of "Naked Sundays" to your weekly schedule. Spend more time in bed, naked. Take the opportunity to talk more, watch TV more, read more, do "it" more. Whatever. Who cares. Just do more...naked!

Writing as a "naked" missionary,

- Jenn

No comments: